TunnelTech 2017: Breaking ground in new technologies
Date: 26/09/2017 - 27/09/2017
TIme: All Day
1 Birdcage Walk, Westminster
Attend TunnelTech 2017 to discover the new technologies bringing construction performance and safety to new heights. Hear lessons learned directly from the project managers of Hinkley Point C, the Paisley Project, the Northern Line extension and Thames Tideway.
Don’t miss the half-day workshop taking place on Day 1, which will feature an exclusive update on tunnelling safety best practice from the Health and Safety Executive. Furthermore, receive an overview from COWI on passive and active fire systems to ensure safety during your tunnel’s construction and operation.
Key programme highlights:
- Hear directly from the Health and Safety Executive to ensure your tunnelling projects are compliant
- Learn about cross-sector tunnelling projects from major organisations such as EDF Energy, Mott MacDonald, BAM Nuttall, Scottish Water, Transport for London and CH2M
- Discover the latest tunnelling innovations being used and take back industry knowledge to your organisation
- Take away best practice guidance from leaders of key completed projects on how to overcome key technical challenges
- Network and engage with key players in tunnelling from project directors and managers to design engineers from solution providers, operators and contractors
Key speakers include:
- Phil Deebank, Principal Specialist Inspector, Tunnelling Portfolio Holder, Construction Engineering Specialist Team, Health and Safety Executive
- Mark Leggett, Chair, British Tunnelling Society
- Martin Gosling, Head of Northern Line Extension, London Underground
- Tim Smart, Chief Engineer; Technical Directorate, High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
- Bob Brown, Project Manager (Tunnelling), Hinkley Point C, EDF Energy
- Ryan Moor, Project Manager, Tideway
- Chris Dulake, Global Metros and Transit Practice Leader and Major Projects Portfolio Director, Mott MacDonald
To view the full speaker line-up and event programme, visit TunnelTech website.